I have been getting looks from people lately that can only be sending one message: "You belong in the looney bin!". It is hard for me to see people giving me those looks and not take it personally. But what I have chosen to do, I choose to do because I know it is what I am asked by God to do. I have decided that if God asks me to fight for a marriage that seems all but dead and gone, then I will do that. And I have also decided to tell people when they ask me why I am choosing to follow this path that it is because I would rather please God than please myself. I guess those two things alone are enough to make people think that I've lost all my marbles! I guess maybe if I didn't have the faith that I do, I probably would too.
But I will continue to be honest with people about my intentions nonetheless. 1 Peter 3:15-17 says, "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil."
The way things are going right now, I might be getting those looks for a very long time. Because most of the things that God asks me to do go against everything that we as human beings think is right. And although I will mess up along the way, I fully intend to do my best to be obedient to God. And I hope that someday people will see God bring a miracle out of this otherwise hopeless situation. Well, let me rephrase that. I know that in whatever form it takes, God will make something beyond good out of this mess! And I would rather be considered foolish to the world and endure sadness for a time on Earth than to disappoint God for eternity. 1 Corinthians 1:25 says, "For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."
So, here's to being foolish....... :o)
Please God, help me not to be concerned with what others think of me. Help me to keep my focus on You and You alone in every decision that I make and every word that I speak! AMEN!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
The Wisdom of Being Foolish
Posted by Kristin at 8:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Honey Girl, this is precisely what we have been talking about. You know in your heart of hearts that you are on the right path. I will pray that God gives you clarity of thought and the strenth, in Him, to meet each new day. Remember Paul's words about continuing to fight the good fight and to persevere to the end. "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we NOW stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, be we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who he has given us."
Love, Mom
Post a Comment